Mumbai Day Tour - City Tour
Mumbai Day Tour covers British heritage monuments, gardens, temples, markets in the city in one day. We will be using a chauffeur driven airconditioned car for this tour. This city tour will also include a highly knowledgible and professional English speaking tour guide born and brought up in Mumbai.
Mumbai City Day Tour Package
Mumbai Day Tour is a one full day city tour, for tourists and foreign travelers visiting mumbai for business or pleasure. This one day city tour focusses on bombay's history, British heritage and colonial architecture, culture, traditions, customs and people of Mumbai.
Our city tour begins with a walk in the British heritage area and we will hear strories, facts and history related to those colonial and venetian gothic style beautiful buildings, which can now be found only southern part of the city. A small visit to Crawford market located a colonial building built in 1869 will give you a chance to see a local market which was built during the times of the British Raaj.
We will also be visiting the amazing Dhobi Ghat or the open air laundry of Mumbai where, clothes are washed all day long. A visit to Hare Rama and Hare Krishna temple of ISCKON will give you a glimpse into the spirituality and mythological faiths of the city. A walk through Hanging Gardens will refresh you with fresh breathe of air and fragrance of flowers, pleasing your senses. Skyline view of the city during the day from Kamala Nehru Park will make you have the best photo of the city along with a couple of stops all through the day.
In one single day tour, our tour guide will be enrich you with history, culture, customs, traditions, heritage monuments and buildings and will amaze you to see the transformation of Mumbai from seven small fishermen islands into a mega city and the financial powerhouse of India.
If you are in Mumbai for more then one days or two days, you can also choose other available tours listed on our website, or merge or combine two different tours. Usually people do Special day tour on first day and Off beat and hidden Mumbai tour on the second day.
Mumbai Day Tour Itinerary
1. Gateway of India - Built to welcome King George V and Queen Mary into India
2. Taj Mahal Palace Hotel
3. Mumbai University - British heritage building built in 1857
4. Rajabai Clock Towers - Big Ben of India
5. Watson's Hotel Ruins - Tata was refused an entry in this hotel and so he built Taj Mahal Hotel
6. Ovaal Cricket Ground - Place where we play the most beloved sport of India
7. Bombay High Court - Beautiful British Heritage Building
8. Victoria Terminus Train Station (CST) - UNESCO World Heritage Site
9. Muncipality Building - Another marvelleous Colonial building
10. Crawford Market - Oldest market of Mumbai inside a british building
11. Drive past Marine drive and Chowpatty beach
12. Kamala Nehru Park - Skyline view of the city & Old woman's shoe
13. ISCKON Temple of Hare Rama Hare Krishna
14. Hanging Gardens - Gardens built on top of water tanks near the Tower of Silence (Parsi burial place)
15. Dhobi Ghat - Open Air Laundry where clothes are washed in full view of public
16. Dabbawalla - Insight into the complex system of Lunch box delivery boys known as tiffin box boys
Also includes drive past many British Heritage Buildings like Prince of Wales Museum, Maharashtra Police Headquarters, Flora Fountain & Hutatma Chowk, Telegraph Office, India Post Office Building, Kala Ghoda Area, David Sasoon's Library, National Gallery of Modern Art
* If you want to visit Mahatma Gandhi Museum or an Art Gallery, please let us know we will TRY to go there
* during our private Mumbai tours, we would love to offer you complimentary Samosa's, Sev Puri's, Dabeli's, if you are open for this food tour experience, do let us know when you inquire.
* You can add Dharavi Slums, Sasoon Docks, Flower Market to the above tour at a small cost : Additional Sites
Availability : Everyday
Full Day Tour : 5 - 6 hours (1 to 15)
Half Day Tour : 3 - 4 hours (1 , 2 , 10, 11, 12, 14, 15 and a drive past 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 )
Timings : Advisable to start at 8:00 am from South Mumbai or Flexible as per your convinience.
Chauffeur Driven AC Cars : Toyota Etios (2 pax) , Toyota Innova (3 - 4 pax), Mini Bus (8 pax and above)
Bathroom Breaks : Hanging Gardens and Hare Krishna Temple
Grand Mumbai Tours is an inbound tour company and specializes in private customized tours to foreigners and western tourists visiting Mumbai and India. Prices of our Mumbai tours, depend upon the number of people in your family or friends, wanting to do the tour. Prices will be emailed to you as soon as we recieve your inquiry. Payment is to be made at the end of the tour.
Please send us your tour inquiry by filling up this contact form : Contact Form
You can even email us :firstname.lastname@example.org
You can even Whats App / Viber / I message us: +919167472957
Tour cost includes chauffeur driven air conditioned car.
We will provide a free pick up and drop back from your hotel, appartment, hostel, Green Gate of Cruise Ship Terminal as these places are located in South Mumbai.
If you want a pick up and drop back from a North Mumbai hotel, appartment, Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport, Domestic Airport, there will be a small additional charge which will be conveyed to you when we respond to your tour inquiry. Area after Bandra, near the airport, suburbs are considered as North Mumbai.
We use spacious cars like Toyota Etios(one to two passengers) and Toyota Innova (three to four travelers) and not small cars.
During our private tours, we would love to offer you complimentary Samosa's, Sev Puri's, Dabeli's, if you are open for this food tour experience, do let us know when you inquire.
We use a spacious Airconditioned Mini Bus if you are a group of friends or a huge family (8 - 12 pax)
Professional, Knowledgible, Calm, Friendly English Speaking Tour Guide, born and brought up in Mumbai.
Prices of our Mumbai tours, depend upon the number of people in your family or friends, Prices will be emailed to you as soon as we recieve your inquiry. Payment is to be made at the end of the tour.
If you have not yet booked any hotel or accomodation, we would advice you to book one in South of the city. Major tourist sites in Mumbai, hotels, pubs, malls, including British heritage buildings, Gateway of India, Taj Hotel, Leopold Cafe are located in southern part of the city.
From the airport, it is advisable to take a prepaid airport taxi to your hotel. An airport taxi which is airconditioned costs around Rs 900 or USD 15 from airport to your hotel in South Bombay.